There are a limited number of Elective Placements available each year and we ask students to follow the application process as set out below should they want to apply for a Cambridge Elective Placement.
In order to apply for an Elective Placement, applicants must meet the Entry Requirements. The Clinical School regrets that any applications that do not meet the Entry Requirements will not be considered.
There are three stages to the application process:
- Stage 1 – Initial application submission
- Stage 2 – Request for additional information and payment of fees following receipt of provisional offer
- Stage 3 – Confirmation of offer and payment of accommodation
The table below outlines the process for 2018 elective placement applications. We are no longer accepting applications for 2017 placements.
|February/March 2017 (exact opening date to be confirmed)||Stage 1 Applications||Students are asked to complete the first stage of the application process including:|
• Online application form - including block and speciality preferences
• University Transcript
• Reference from the University Dean
• Colour passport photo
We aim to contact all applicants within two weeks of the application deadline to confirm whether their Stage 1 application has been successful.
Successful applicants will be offered a provisional placement and asked to complete Stage 2 of the process.
If the Stage 1 application is unsuccessful, eligible applicants will be placed on the waiting list.
The deadline for Stage 1 applications will be 13:00 on Monday 3rd July 2017. Any applications received after this time will not be considered.
|July – August 2017||Stage 2 Applications||Successful students will receive a provisional offer of placement and be asked to complete stage 2 of the application process by the deadline specified in the offer letter. The Stage 2 deadline is usually 1 month from the date of the provisional offer.|
Stage 2 of the application process requires students to complete the following:
• Payment of a non-refundable Occupational Health fee - £150
• Payment of a non-refundable administration fee - £250
• Health assessment forms and immunisation records
• A verified and stamped coloured copy of your passport (valid for the selected placement dates) must be provided.
• An original colour copy of your police/CRB/DBS check
NON-EU STUDENTS ONLY
• Completion of a CAS form required for a Tier 4 visa application
STUDENTS APPLYING FROM A COUNTRY WHERE ENGLISH IS NOT THE FIRST LANGUAGE
• An English Language Certificate no more than two years old from the list of accepted English Language Certificates
Please note that we will only accept specific English Language Certificates. Information on the accepted certificates can be found here.
In order to secure a place on the Cambridge Elective, students must complete all components of Stage 2 by the deadline specified in the provisional offer letter. We would recommend that applicants prepare all documents in advance to ensure they do not lose their place once it has been provisionally offered.
|August - September 2017||Stage 3 Confirmation of placement||Students who successfully complete Stage 2 of the application process by the specified deadline will receive a confirmation letter of their placement by email. |
Accommodation is provided as part of the Elective Placement.
• Payment (£750) for the accommodation must be paid no later than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the elective placement.
If you have any questions please check our FAQ page.