How to Apply - Graduate Admission at the University of Cambridge
Admission to the University requires completion of the University's online GRADSAF (Graduate Admission and Scholarship Application Form).
If you wish to apply for the MPhil in Clinical Sciences (Primary Care Research) programme please note the 2012 entry application deadline will be Friday 15th June 2012.
A) Admission to the University MPhil in Clinical Sciences (Primary Care Research)
You should apply for admission to the University using the University's online GRADSAF (Graduate Admission and Scholarship Application Form) if you:
- wish to apply for University-wide funding competitions (eg Gates, Cambridge Overseas &
Commonwealth Trusts, Cambridge Home and EU Scholarships etc – NB these funding
competitions all have very early deadlines
- have been awarded a specific studentship/programme position in competition
- wish to apply for a College studentship
- have an external scholarship; or
- have your own funding
BEFORE YOU COMPLETE A GRADSAF, READ THE FOLLOWING:
NB each application made using a GRADSAF will cost you £35
A1) Are you eligible to apply for admission to our programmes?
Competition for admission to the University of Cambridge graduate programme is intense. Like all departments in the Graduate School, we require all our graduate entrants to have:
- at least a 2.1 in an Honours degree or equivalent (eg CGPA 3.5/4.0) in a relevant subject
- two outstanding references from Senior University staff at your most recent University
- fluency in the English language – recent IELTS test with an overall band score of at least 7.0 with
not less than 7.0 in speaking, listening and writing, and 6.5 in reading
- the MPhil in Clinical Sciences (Primary Care Research) is open to Academic Clinical Fellows (ACFs)
already accepted into the NIHR ACF programme, clinicians holding a medical degree, and
clinicians who are undertaking or have completed GP training.
For more details of the University's academic requirements see the University's Graduate Prospectus.
A2) How to apply to the University
Visit the Graduate School of Life Sciences for full instructions on how to apply online.
From 1st September 2011 applicants will be able to apply for 2012/12 admission online and upload all supporting documents electronically. Please see this link.
Please also see the Board of Graduate Studies' webpage for further useful information.
B) General Postgraduate Admissions Enquiries
MPhil in Clinical Sciences (Primary Care Research)
For informal discussion, please email the MPhil Director Professor Jonathan Mant (
) with a copy of your CV.