MB/PhD applicants must already be enrolled on the standard six-year Medicine MB/BChir degree course at Cambridge University. Only in exceptional circumstances will applications from external medical students be considered. Enquiries should be made to the Programme Director.
The application procedure for students currently in the third year of their Medicine degree at Cambridge is as follows for 2018:
- The Clinical School Transfer of Information (ToI) Form will be emailed to Clinical and Pre-Clinical Directors of Studies in January. This form needs to be completed and signed off by college Directors of Studies, as for all students proceeding to the clinical phase of the course.
- If applying for the MB/PhD Programme, completed ToI forms should be submitted to the Clinical Dean by 15March 2019.
- Students can access the MB/PhD application form here Download Application Form
- Completed MB/PhD application forms should be submitted to the MB/PhD Administrator by midnight on 15 March 2019.
- References will be taken up prior to shortlisting and shortlisted candidates will be notified by 18 April 2019.
- Interviews will take place in early May (exact dates to be confirmed).
- Outcomes of interviews are usually communicated within two weeks of the interview date.