MB/PhD applicants must already be enrolled on the standard six-year Medicine MB/BChir degree course at Cambridge University. Only in exceptional circumstances will applications from external medical students be considered. Enquiries should be made to the Programme Director or Programme Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The application procedure for students currently in the third year of their Medicine degree at Cambridge is as follows:
- The Clinical School Transfer of Information (ToI) Form will be emailed to Clinical and Pre-Clinical directors of Studies in January. This form needs to be completed and signed off by college Directors of Studies, as for all students proceeding to the clinical phase of the course
- If applying for the MB/PhD Programme, completed ToI forms should be submitted to the Clinical Dean by 19 March 2021.
- Students can access the MB/PhD application form here Download Application Form*
- Completed MB/PhD application forms should be submitted to the MB/PhD Administrator by midnight on 19 March 2021.
- References will be taken up prior to shortlisting and shortlisted candidates will be notified by 16 April 2021.
- Interviews will take place in early May (exact dates to be confirmed).
- Outcomes of interviews are usually communicated within two weeks of the interview date.
*Please complete the form in black, handwritten or typed forms are accepted. Each form must be signed by the applicant with a hand signature or have an electronic signature (No typed signatures will be accepted).
Please scan and email the completed form to the contact details detailed within.
The Deadline is the 19th March 2021 at 23.59pm.