As part of our commitment to wellbeing and supporting employees with caring responsibilities the University of Cambridge has launched a new initiative in collaboration with the organisation My Family Care. My Family Care delivers family-friendly backup care and will give employees access to a network of child, adult and eldercare across the country at short notice.
Commencing on 1 May 2017, this initiative, running as a pilot for 12 months, will provide employees with access to emergency childcare and a network of adult and eldercare across the country. The services offered include:
- Emergency childcare: to find nannies, nurseries and childminders at short notice.
- School holiday cover: to provide access to holiday clubs nationwide.
- Back-up adult and eldercare: to access domiciliary care for elderly relatives, or an adult dependant.
Employees can register with the My Family Care Work+Family website at: www.myfamilycare.co.uk/cambridge
Full terms and conditions, together with the relevant costs to University employees are also available online at www.myfamilycare.co.uk/cambridge. The website also provides a wide range of resources to support employees with their caring responsibilities.
Further support materials are available in the Quick Links section on this page.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
- If you have any questions, the My Family Care customer service team is available on email@example.com or 0345 241 5306 (Monday-Friday, 7:30am to 7:00pm, excluding Bank Holidays).
- For more information about other policies and provisions for staff with children and other dependents please contact the HR Administrator in your HR Schools Team.
- If you have any questions or feedback about the University’s collaboration with My Family Care, please contact Gina Warren, Equality and Diversity Consultant, by email at Gina.Warren@admin.cam.ac.uk.
The School of Clinical Medicine has secured funding to sponsor 2 sessions of back up care during the 12 month pilot for employees and therefore there will be additional information about the sponsored sessions to circulate to staff along with the launch email.
If you use all your sponsored sessions, or wish to book for personal reasons, you can use your own credit/debit card. Prices and full terms and conditions are available on the Work+Family Space system.
If you have any questions on My Family Care or the sponsored sessions then please contact your relevant HR Adviser.