Below is a snapshot of services available to all staff members in relation to wellbeing. Please click the following link to see the full range of services on offer. http://www.hr.admin.cam.ac.uk/hr-services/wellbeing/support-services-university
The Occupational Health Service aims to complement the University’s academic reputation by providing a support service that promotes and preserves both the physical and mental wellbeing of all staff, students and visitors. The occupational health team comprises of a small team of occupational health specialist doctors and nurses and administrative personnel who:
- devise preventative strategies for identifying and controlling hazards to health arising from work
- advise on fitness for work, vocational placement, return to work after illness, ill health retirement, work-related illness and the control of occupational hazards
- assist in fulfilling statutory (e.g. health surveillance) and regulatory requirements (e.g. guidance on food safety, the application of the Equality Act) to ensure that the health of staff and others is not adversely affected by their work
- ensure that work health issues are appropriately managed
- promote health and wellbeing at work
Staff Counselling Service
The Staff Counselling Service offers confidential personal counselling to help solve personal or work-related problems away from the work environment. College staff may be seen once for assessment and onward referral in the Student Counselling Service.
- Tel: 01223 (7)62160
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://staff.counselling.cam.ac.uk/
The HR Business Managers and HR Advisers are the principal points of contact for designated Institutions. The Clinical School HR Team ontact details can be found here.
Full details regarding the wider University’s Human Resources contacts, staff policies and all other information for staff are available at the website below.
Dignity@Work Contacts are volunteer members of staff, drawn from a variety of backgrounds and roles throughout the University, who have received training to act as a first point of contact for members of staff and sometimes graduate students who are being bullied or harassed, or have been accused of bulling or harassment.
- Email: email@example.com Tel: 01223 (7)65031 which is a confidential voice-mail number and leave your name and preferred contact details
- Web: www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/hr/policy/dignity/contacts.html
Tel: Jackie Stone, Mediation Coordinator 01223 (7)65544
Louise Akroyd, Mediation Coordinator 01223 (7)65821
Through a very broad range of opportunities the Chaplain works across the University with departments, groups and policy issues, seeking to provide pastoral care to those not linked with colleges and to stimulate understanding of and provision for those of all faiths and none.
- Tel: (01223) 741720 or (01223) 741718
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Web: http://www.gsm.cam.ac.uk/chaplaincy/
For external support services please click here.