Visitors Agreements should only be used for academic or student visitors or student placements which are not covered by any other agreement. They should be used for academics on sabbatical, visiting researchers or students spending time at the University to broaden their experience.
Please contact the Research Operations Office if the visitor is undertaking work related to a University of Cambridge research grant or contract for advice on special conditions that may be necessary to avoid breaching existing terms and conditions.
Visitors Agreements should not be used for people who are:
- Being paid through the University (ie an employee, worker or consultant).
- An intern or work experience student (ie is expected to perform specific services for the University, normally for a minimal amount of pay – the Temporary Employment Service can assist in these cases).
- Doing work under a University grant or contract (whether they work for a third party, are a retired member of staff, or a College Teaching Office or fellow), without first contacting the Research Office, who will supply appropriate special conditions to insert to ensure there is no conflict with the Grant Agreement concerned.
- Being seconded to the University (further guidance to follow).
- Acting as an external examiner or supervisor.
- A volunteer.
All departments are responsible for issuing their own Visitor’s Agreements and sending a copy of the Visitors Letter, signed by all parties to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information and guidance on Visitor Agreements, please visit the main HR webpages here.