Applications for 2023 have now closed
Please read the important information below, prior to completing the application form.
In addition, please review the general information on available titles here, as well as the eligibility criteria for each ‘application route’, here: Predominantly Research; Predominantly Teaching; Impact.
The online form cannot be partially completed and saved; you may therefore wish to work on your application in Word first, and then copy and paste your completed application into the online form. In order to enable you to do this, a Word version of the form can be downloaded below. Please note there is a 4,000 character limit for free text boxes in the online form. In addition, please note that the Word file is for reference only, and for enabling you to draft your application – applications will not be accepted in Word or PDF format, and the online form must be completed in order for an application to be considered:
Please note that the Word form appears much longer than the online version – this is because whilst the online application form presents only the questions which are relevant to the title and route you choose to apply for, the Word version includes all questions, for every route. This also means that the numbering of questions in the online form will not always be strictly sequential – for example, the form may appear to jump from question 27 to 33. This does not mean that you are missing questions which require an answer; it is because the form is ‘skipping over’ questions which are not relevant to you.
Please note the following important points prior to applying:
- Applicants should already be making sizeable or significant contributions to the School/University (rather than applying in advance of starting to make such contributions)
- There is an expectation that applicants will continue to contribute at the same level, or higher, for at least the next three year period
- For the above reasons, locum consultants are not eligible to apply, and neither are individuals whose employment with a relevant organisation, and/or whose contribution to the School/University, will shortly be ending
- Only non-University employees are eligible to apply; if you hold an employment contract with the University (including fractional, fixed term contracts) you are not able to apply for an affiliated title.
- Contributions to postgraduate medical training (that is, the teaching of junior doctors) cannot be taken into consideration for the award of a University title.
- if your contributions are primarily to pre-clinical course teaching, please contact FacultySec@medschl.cam.ac.uk to discuss, before making an application.
2) Prior to applying:
Prior to applying for a title, individuals are expected to have discussed this with the Head of the relevant Clinical School department. In addition, for individuals wishing to apply via the ‘Predominantly teaching’ route, on the basis of clinical course teaching, it is expected that individuals will have discussed this with their Regional Clinical Sub-Dean (for CUH applicants, this is Dr Ruchi Sinnatamby).
3) Evidence against the criteria (Part 2 of the online application form):
Evaluation of your application will be based primarily on the information provided in Part 2 of the online application form. Whilst the form also requests upload of a CV, those reviewing your application will expect you to have extracted all relevant information and used it to answer the questions in Part 2. The CV is a helpful accompanying document, but those reviewing your application will not be cross-referencing your CV against the questions in the online form.
Please note there is a character limit of 4,000 characters for every field in the online form. Should you require more space for any of the questions in Part 2 of the form, there is an additional question at the end which provides an opportunity to include any further information. If you have any questions about the application process or the application form, please contact FacultySec@medschl.cam.ac.uk .